February 2 – Day 19: Personal Prayers
Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are. (1 Peter 5:8-9)
WARFARE PRAYERS – FIGHTING THE BATTLES OF FAITH
Prayer is not only conversation with God. It is confrontation with the enemy. You have a tool that cannot be defeated by the enemy—the Word of God. Employ it in your prayer time—especially when you are fighting Spiritual battles. Here are some references:
• Choose to put on The Armor of God – based on Ephesians 6:13-17.
• Isaiah 54:17 says that no weapon formed against us shall prosper. In Jesus’ name, declare that no weapon formed against you will prosper this day or any day to come.
• Protection prayer – based on Proverbs 18:10. Pray for the protective power of Jesus Christ, whose blood covers our sins and has the power to conquer any stronghold.
• Confession and Forgiveness prayer – based on Romans 10:10; James 5:16. Pray to receive forgiveness and ask to be cleansed of sin. Thank the Lord for redeeming and cleansing you.
• Pride prayer – based on Proverbs 11:2, 16:18. Humble yourself before the Lord and come to him as a little child. Pride is an abomination to the Lord, renounce anything that would cause you to have pride in your heart.
• Freedom prayer – “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” (Matthew 16:19) In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, pray to renounce, break and loose yourself from all bondages of Satan.
think about it:
Where are you under Spiritual attack? Which Scripture is most meaningful to you in this situation?