CF200 Church History February 16 – March 23 at 7:30-9:30 p.m
Course Description: Did Charismatic / Pentecostal manifestations end with the apostles or are they relevant for today’s church? Is Charismatic / Pentecostal style of worship and teaching a recent phenomena or can it be traced throughout Church History? This is a study of Charismatic Christianity from the book of Acts to the present day Church.
- Provide an overview of the history of the Christian Church
- Gain a better understanding of the processes that formed the present day Church
- Trace the history of Charismatic / Pentecostal Christianity during the last 2,000 years of church history.
- Gain a broader “worldview” of church history to overcome cultural stereotypes.
Textbook: 2000 Years of Charismatic Christianity by Eddie L. Hyatt
Book Report Assignment: Read the book in its entirety and write a three (3) page refection paper. This paper should describe how the contents of this book directly affected your thinking and what changes, if any, you expect it to bring about.
Book report 20%
Class participation 20%
Ministry assignment 20%
Final Exam 40%
All Papers are to be typed, double spaced, and properly formatted. You will be graded on content and composition.
(Always proofread your work!)
CF211 Christian Foundation Part 1 June 29 – July 27 at 7:30-9:30 p.m
Course Descriptions: Getting our foundations right is essential to building a life of greatness. What you put in the foundation, you live with forever. This class provides an overview of foundational Christian beliefs for practical, victorious living.
- Introduce the student to doctrines of Scripture, God, man, sin and salvation.
- Examine foundational beliefs set forth in Hebrews 6:1f: Repentance, faith, baptisms, laying on of hands, resurrection, and eternal judgment.
- Examine basic New Testament practices and ordinances: baptism, communion.
Textbook: Conner, Kevin; Christian Foundations, or Determined by Instructor
Research Application Assignment: Write a three to five page overview of the foundational beliefs covered in the class. Indicate areas in your personal life and walk in which your belief regarding certain foundations has been changed, and how those belief changes will translate into life changes for you
Week 1: Understanding God; Trinity
Week 2: Understanding the Word of God; Scriptures
Week 3: Understanding Work of God; Christ and Redemption; Person and Work of Christ
Week 4: Understanding Repentance and Faith
Week 5: Understanding Baptisms and Laying on of hands
Week 6: Understanding Resurrection and Eternal Judgment
As the Spirit of God is moving in these last days, part of His work is a new model of ministry training. The local church is becoming the place to rise up and train leaders for the harvest. South Florida School of Ministry (SFSOM) is built on this Biblical model. Rather than going off to school, your local church becomes your classroom.South Florida School of Ministry is specifically designed for:
- Those who are actively involved in the life of a ministry in the local church, but desire to better equip themselves for the ministry in response to the call of God on their lives.
- Those who feel God is calling them to make a career change and desire to become a pastor or church planter.
- Those young men and women who for various reasons (i.e. finances, the time involved, family or work situations, or personal preferences) do not desire to be uprooted to attend a Bible college and pursue a four year program of studies.
- Those who desire to enter disciplined study to show themselves approved and better equipped to serve in the ministry. You, the believer!
A note from Pastor Tony:
“God has birthed in my heart a vision for South Florida School of Ministry to be a spiritual training center to reach our city, region, state, and nations for the world harvest.
I am as excited about SFSOM as I have been about anything I have ever done! I know in my heart that many people from all walks of life and from all the corners of the earth will sit in the seats of SFSOM and study the Word. They will become avid learners of the Holy Spirit and go forth to give themselves mightily to the ministry.
I challenge you to not limit what God wants to do in your life over the next year as you attend SFSOM. As you keep your heart continually open to his voice, apply yourself to study and give yourself fully to your ministry assignments and your life will be forever changed and empowered to serve.
Now is the time, today is the day!”
To sign up, or for more information, call the church office or email us through the Contact Us form.